onsdag 14 augusti 2013

A kind of cooking


I intend to make a cookbook someday, but it's such a timeconsuming thingy. anyways, something that is distressing in the kitchen is when the ingredients are not there. You might have thought that you did have a lemon at home but it show you did not. (Then you can take a substitute for it of course, a drop of vinegar just to get the sour into the dish.) 

When I find a new recipe that I would like to make I tend to make sure that all the ingredients is at home before starting. Read the recipe, crosscheck with the refidgerator and write down in the grocery list what's necessary for the recipe to get done.


When I make food for oneself I intend to make the food of the menu that take max 15 minutes to make for example Pasta with Spinach, Blueberry Porridge, Eggsandwich with a cup of tea, French Omelette with Feta Cheese. 
Au contraire when guests arrive then it is the menu that take minimum one hour for example Persian chicken stew with pomegranate, Lasagne bolognese, Salmon pie, Roasted Veggies with something from the barbeque, Risotto Carciofi.

I also make desserts for smaller and bigger occations. I like to make cookies of different kinds. Cupcakes is a challenge still. Every recipe is a challenge to pass, no? Last year for Fathers day I made a Schwarzwald cake from an old-looking cookbook(from 1970-ish). Here's a Schwarzwald cake by me.

If you'd like a recipe ask for it. Tschüss!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar